Sarah Tabone

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Day 24: Fire Alarm!


Today wasn't a very interesting day I have to admit, but I did have one unusual experience. This morning I woke up early to do some work and a few hours later Karl came to call me and I went to have breakfast in his flat. I decided to make myself a slice of toast and put it on the lowest possible, as I hate burnt toast. Anyway, I was chatting to Karl as I stood by the toaster and all of a sudden there was this deafening noise. I didn't know what it was at first and then as it got louder I suddenly noticed it was our fire alarm!! It must have been the toast but it wasn't burning, not even close. Anyway, I really panicked cause I imagined having a fire engine outside the door any second, this thing was really loud ! So we jumped up quickly on a chair and started fanning this thing, which of course, thanks to my God given height, I could not reach, till it finally stopped. It seemed like ages till it did but it was probably only a few minutes. We must have been a sight to see... I was jumping up and down on this chair waving a dish cloth in my hands and laughing my head off at the same time!! Oh well no fire engines thank god! Anyway, I studied for the rest of the day, went to mass and dinner and now I'm off to bed, ready to face yet another week of lectures... I can't believe I am saying that again!! Tomorrow I will have been on the island for three weeks already!! Crazy how time is flying!! Anyway tough week ahead of me with tests and assignments!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:24 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Hehe... no it's ok thanks I'll try leave a lasting impression in some other way, but honestly I went to make toast this evening and I was really worried I kept fanning it just in case!!I do miss my bagels though!! :( Oh well... maybe I'll buy some next time I go shopping :)

    See ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home