Sarah Tabone

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Day 112: Goodbye Canada...


It's over. My four months in Canada is finished. This morning I woke up and finished my packing and then Ron came home from work and Joyce, Ron and I had some lunch together and then Shelley turned up. We just spent some time chatting till the cab came for me and then we said our goodbyes. It was difficult, very difficult. Anyway after aan hours drive to the airport I met Karl and we checked in. I had a crazy 30 mins trying to get my suitcases checked in because I was overweight and had to pay $60 plus remove some stuff from my bag. I managed eventually but it was insane. The flight to Frankfurt was ok, as bit bumply at times but not too bad. I couldn't sleep though while everypne else seemed to be able to but I watched a movie and read a book so it was ok. Then I did some 'looking around the shops' in Frankfurt airport till it was time to go and I slept for most of that flight. When we arrived there was Steve to meet us and it was so great to see a familiar face!! We got our luggages and went out...oh my was there a big crowd to meet us! A BIG thank you to all those who managed to make it, I appreciated it so much! (Andrew, Tamsin, Leah, Rebecca, Alexia, Josette, Kristina, Chiara, Aunty Mary, Nanna, Mummy, Lawrence, Kevin, Leana, Jonathan, Marisa & Mariella.) Anyway we went home then and some of those people came home too and my mum cooked a delicious dish of baked macaroni... I missed your cooking so much ma! It was really nice, I loved being with all my friends. Later on in the evening after I stayed with my mum I went to say hi to everyone at the hall in Paola and it was so nice to see them all! So now it's back to normal life, but somehow I think it won't be normal because time changes people and I think that I have changed in a way so really it's a beginning of something new... I can't wait! Ps: I will continue to update my blog for those who would like to continue checking it out... I think it's a great way to keep family and friends updated!!!!:)

4 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger shelley said…

    i am glad you had a safe trip home. have a merry christmas and a happy new year. we all miss you here in canada. i will use this blog to keep you in touch with the things happening here for you if you want

     
  • At 4:50 PM, Blogger Robert Galea said…

    Oyy Sa... keep this updated ta!! Any shopping since u arrived?

     
  • At 4:43 AM, Blogger Simon said…

    yeah...hi...welcome back.... :)

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger kevin said…

    welcome back sarah! ... back to normal life in a new way :) cherish these wonderful foru months and thank God for them!!

    have a blessed christmas!
    kevin schembri

     

Post a Comment

<< Home