Sarah Tabone

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Day 9: Sight seeing!!






Today was a really lovely day. I woke up a bit later than usual cause I was quite tired and after breakfast I did some studying and then went to lunch. After lunch Karl and I went to the 'Future Shop' as he wanted to buy a new lap top and then we got picked up by Brent, the guy who is coming to Malta on exchange next semester. He took us around half the island and my goodness what a beautiful island this is! The first place he took us to was called 'Rustico' and it is a beautiful town by the sea, with the most amazing beach! I took some pictures there with my camera to put on the blog but the computer at the university won't allow me to put them on so I found a picture on the internet which is just as beautiful. Then he took us to see more beaches and cliffs and everywhere you go by the sea there are sand dunes which make the place look so picturesque. We had a lovely afternoon driving around, stopping to take pictures and looking around. In the evening we were invited to one of the other students going on exchange next semester. She was having a house party and invited us over and I really enjoyed meeting her friends and telling them all about Malta... they were so interested! Then just as we thought things were over,the other guy,(as there are three going on exchange) Mike, told us that he was going to watch a late night show in town. Basically it is when all the famous actors and singers of the town get together and have an evening of fun improvisation together and you go to the restaurant at the theatre with a small stage, and you sit round tables with a glass of wine (sprite in my case) and watch them and have a good laugh, but you also listen to some really good singing. I really enjoyed it, they were so good, and we were invited to go next Saturday as there are only two more evenings left before the season closes. On the whole it was a really great day, and the three of them already have loads of other things planned for us to do so I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home